Re: Next pre-draft implementation in javascript.

From: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 01:15:53 +0900
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm implemented all of the next (pre) draft version of compression here:
> https://github.com/grmocg/httpbis-header-compression
>
> (Apparently this might work:
> http://rawgithub.com/grmocg/httpbis-header-compression/master/compressor_test.html
> )
>
> which should soon be merged here, as it is a modification of Fred's
> original JS compressor:
> https://github.com/akalin-chromium/httpbis-header-compression
>

> It provides for separate encoding/decoding steps, showing the output (or
> input, depending) as hex, as well as the state of the table, and opcodes as
> they're decoded.
>
> Hopefully this means that you should be able to verify interop more easily
> than last time since you can just run this in your browser in a tab.

I have also implemented the HPACK with huffman in nghttp2.
https://github.com/tatsuhiro-t/nghttp2/tree/hpack-exp

It seems the XML has older huffman tables, so I got ones in javascript
compressor output.

I conducted some encode/decode tests between javascript compressor and
nghttp2, and they are working beautifully. That is a promising start of the
nghttp2 has now some command line tools to test compression, which can take
inputs in JSON.

Best regards,

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa