Re: Question about: 4.1.1 Integer representation

Yes, the binary operations are equivalent to the arithmetic operations
currently specified.
I originally had the binary operators in there, but guessed that those
familiar with binary operators would do the mapping as you have done, but
that for those for whom binary operators was foreign, if would still be
understandable.

A fair bit of efficiency is gained by allowing the n-bit prefix to encode
values since most values for within that first byte.
The rest of the int is in a well known and well supported format.
-=R