RE: I ran across this while working on the spec.

From: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:34:38 +0000
To: Fred Akalin <akalin@google.com>, Roberto Peon <fenix@google.com>
CC: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I'm wondering if we want to be able to clear out all compression state. We currently have 59 entries in the static table, meaning 8 bytes to store whether they are in the reference set or not.

I we want this, I think #1 is too complex.

It means that sending an index (therefore adding a new entry to the reference set) may trigger an eviction.

We have several other solutions for this:
- #2
- 3 Adding the possibility of clearing the reference set inside a header block.
- 4 Having a special rule for a max header table of 0, stating that this clears all the compression state.

My preference is for 2 or 3.

Hervé.