Re: All changes but huffman encoding integrated + a question

The problem here occurs when one is evicting what one is adding.

This can be handled without ever using more memory that allocated to the
compression context. One can also deal with this by copying just the name
(as opposed to the whole name+value-list), if one is willing to trade size
for complexity.

A ring buffer *is* a linear memory model-- it requires only a linear range
of memory. When I talk about a linear memory model without heap
fragmentation, this is what I am talking about.

-=R