Re: Mandatory encryption *is* theater

I'm all for people working out how to do explicit proxy configuration.
I am pro-proxy, so long as the customers want proxies and are able to
exercise choice about it.
I do believe, however, that we could do substantially better w.r.t. caching
than we do today-- I just don't have the bandwidth to deal with that and
this effort simultaneously. :)

In any case, I suspect that the entirety of the complexity here comes down
to a MAYs and two MUSTs, for instance:

An HTTP/2 client MAY send resources with an HTTP scheme down an encrypted
connection at any time.
An HTTP/2 server MAY choose not to process such a request, however if it
chooses to refuse such a request it MUST respond with (new) error code XXX
- scheme unsupported on connection, which indicates that the request was
not processed and is safe to retry on an unencrypted connection.

-=R