Re: Mandatory encryption *is* theater

There seems to be a disconnect here. The authority for https has no actual connection to the authority for http. Allowing one port to answer for another is a security hole. TLS does not make it more secure. Neither does DNS, nor any other means of hinting ports. If you trust a port other than the one defined by the URI, then you allow a site's trivial  poisoning protections to be bypassed.

....Roy