Re: Giving the Framing Layer a real name

To me, a distinct name of a major, separable part of a protocol is only good spec hygiene; in HTTP we already have "representations" (nee "entities"), "resources" and so forth. They allow people to talk about different things that are happening with clarity; right now, people are using the term "HTTP/2.0" very, very sloppily, and that's a concern. "It means what I mean" is not a great basis for communication.

I don't think that changing the name will add any more complexity unless we allow it in based upon assumptions that it therefore *has* to be completely separable, and I'm explicitly not bringing that to the table.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/