#38 - HTTP2 min value for server supported max_concurrent_streams

From: Osama Mazahir <OSAMAM@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 05:00:46 +0000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

Issue #38 [1] tracks:
	(1) What is the minimum number of concurrent client-initiated streams that a server must be able to support?
	(2) What is the default value?

We have a race condition where the client can initiate more streams to the server before the server can advertise its stream accept limit to the client.  I suggest making the default the same as the minimum so that we can prevent that race.  And tighten the wording on what is legal.  For example, something like:

A server MUST be able to handle at least 8 concurrent streams initiated by the client. A server MUST NOT advertise a value less than 8. A client MUST generate a session error if it receives a value less than 8 from the server. The default value server limit is 8.

Thanks,
--Osama.

[1] https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/38