Re: moving forward on draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr

On 2/11/13 11:43 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> I'm not saying that it's a good design, but...
>
> DKIM uses an underscore prefixed sub-domain and TXT.

That's right.  There's a practice of doing just that, and so long as we
are sending out multiple queries, and we are not attempting to add
indirection a'la SRV (which requires that you wait for a complete
response), we could play that game too.  But it does mean that even with
signed records we are forever more sending out multiple queries.  There
are many tricks we can play when the QNAME is the same.

Eliot