Re: moving forward on draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:17:06 +1100
Cc: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
To: Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>
We heard strong interest from at least Patrick, IIRC. I'm sure he'll correct me if I got that wrong.

To be clear - we're NOT planning on implementing this first, nor blocking on it. However, as discussed in Tokyo, it's worth doing in a background thread, because (as Eliot pointed out there), sometimes getting DNS things moving takes a while.

Eliot - a major portion of the conversation was about whether this would be in a new record type vs. in a TXT record. Do you plan to address that in your next draft?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/