Re: moving forward on draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr

We heard strong interest from at least Patrick, IIRC. I'm sure he'll correct me if I got that wrong.

To be clear - we're NOT planning on implementing this first, nor blocking on it. However, as discussed in Tokyo, it's worth doing in a background thread, because (as Eliot pointed out there), sometimes getting DNS things moving takes a while.

Eliot - a major portion of the conversation was about whether this would be in a new record type vs. in a TXT record. Do you plan to address that in your next draft?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/