#96 Conditional GET text

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:49:02 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi there,

in the meantime Roy has addressed the main part of the issue, clarifying
that conditional request header fields apply to many methods other than GET.

I still think it would be good to say more about the default case, though.

Right now, the spec says:

"The new method ought to describe whether it can be made conditional
(Section 5.2) and, if so, how a server responds when the condition is
false." --
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-latest.html#considerations.for.new.methods>

This invites more special cases. Can't we simply state that *all* new
methods can be made conditional, and describe the default behavior for
the conditions?

Best regards, Julian