Re: HTTPS, proxying, and all that...

--------
In message <4613980CFC78314ABFD7F85CC302772111980867@IL-EX10.ad.checkpoint.com>, Yoav Nir writes:

>Where were you when we proposed http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcgrew-tls=
>-proxy-server-01 ?

No idea, but I have previously expressed my appreciation for that idea.

The bit I feel is missing is to tell the user, reliably, how far he can
expect privacy ensured by crypto, and who the party he must trust from
there on out claims to be.

As far as I can tell, you have the information in the protocol, but if
there were anything about how/when or even why it should be presented
to the user, I failed to spot it when I read the draft last year.