Re: Design Issue: GZIP flag on DATA Frames

* Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>How about just nuking Accept-Encoding, and say that _all_ content is
>gzip'ed, but that it is allowed to use the '-0' uncompressed mode ?

In the Hybi Working Group many participants insisted on being able to
serve very large frames using `sendfile(...)`-style APIs. Deflate re-
quires sending additional data every couple of kilobytes, which would
interfere with that. I haven't studied the actual impact or how such
an argument applies to the most recent HTTP/2.0 proposals, and suspect
it's actually not a terribly big issue, but I would expect objections;
accordingly, such a proposal would have to come with some data that
alleviates concerns in this area.