Re: WGLC: p1 MUST NOT pipeline until connection is persistent

On 05/01/2013 01:40 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 01:34:12AM -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>> I am still not sure why we are prohibiting retry pipelining on new
>> connections though. Why do we have to reuse an old connection if we want
>> to retry a failed pipeline?

> I don't remember, I believe it was just that if pipeline failed on a
> connection, you don't want to pipeline again on the new one, otherwise
> you can do that infinitely.

And if I use an old connection, the situation is guaranteed to be better
somehow?

The reasons a new connection may fail differ from the reasons an old
connection may fail, but both may fail, so I do not understand why we
are prohibiting one and requiring the other.

Alex.