Re: Resumable Uploads

From: Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 00:07:47 -0500
To: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Cc: Felix Geisendörfer <felix@transloadit.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
On Apr 19, 2013 4:58 PM, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel@haxx.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013, Carsten Bormann wrote:
>
>> I'd like to understand the failure model a bit better.
>

> I'd just add that a resumed upload does not necessarily imply a previous
upload failure. It could also be that you're appending parts over time as
they "come in" or similar.

Oh, maybe you'd like O_APPEND semantics?  (Not that those are tightly
defined, but you know what I mean.)

Should HTTP have random byte range I/O and byte range locking?  Should it
be a filesystem or object storage protocol?  No, well, maybe; HTTP is every
protocol :)

Nico