Re: UTF-8 NFC vs NFD compression, French sample (was: Updated Binary Optimized Header Encoding Draft)

From: Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:04:56 -0600
To: Frédéric Kayser <f.kayser@free.fr>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
I don't recommend using NFD. My rain for this is simple: the majority of
input modes produce NFC, thus too many libraries were coded to deal
primarily or only with pre-composed sequences -- throwing NFD at then can
cause trouble, so I'd rather avoid it.

(My experience here comes from HFS+'s conversion of file names to NFD on
create.)

Nico