De: "Nico Williams" <nico@cryptonector.com>
À: "Frédéric Kayser" <f.kayser@free.fr>
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Envoyé: Mardi 20 Novembre 2012 22:04:56
Objet: Re: UTF-8 NFC vs NFD compression, French sample (was: Updated Binary Optimized Header Encoding Draft)

I don't recommend using NFD. My rain for this is simple: the majority of input modes produce NFC, thus too many libraries were coded to deal primarily or only with pre-composed sequences -- throwing NFD at then can cause trouble, so I'd rather avoid it.

(My experience here comes from HFS+'s conversion of file names to NFD on create.)

Nico