Re: HTTP Header Compaction Results

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 06:39:34 +1100
Cc: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
To: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
On 25/10/2012, at 5:00 AM, Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com> wrote:

> for reference https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/NSS_Key_Log_Format

Thanks; I looked for that before, but couldn't find it. Should have asked.

I agree that the logs should be 'raw'; we can always post-process (as long as we do it in a uniform manner :)

How would people prefer to store them? I've been storing them as just text files, one per direction per stream (e.g., "response headers on this connection to 1.2.3.4"), with header blocks delimited by a blank line.  However, IIRC someone mentioned HAR as well -- any preferences?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/