Re: draft-snell-http-prefer

Yes it would be useful, but unfortunately not possible given the way PUT is
currently defined. The only way it could work is if an intelligent
intermediary handled the return-representation on it's own, issuing a
subsequent GET to the origin server and sending it's own response back to
the client rather than relying on the server. Obviously, however, that's
not something we can rely on.

- James