Re: Managing Obsolete Information

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:58:23 -0400
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>

Le 5 sept. 2012 à 15:47, Roy T. Fielding a écrit :
> We defined the link relation "obsoleted-by" ages ago to serve exactly

> that purpose.  It can be provided in a Link header field in HTTP and/or a
> <link> element in HTML.

Sweet!
ok not in the RFC5988
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988#section-6.2.2

Do you have a pointer? Or a hint on where it could be defined.

There is a 'successor-version' (but not exactly the same)

To note: An obsolete or archived document doesn't necessary have a successor or new version. It might just be the document by itself.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software