RE: In Defense of Header Compresson

From: David Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, Patrick McManus wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 11:36 +0000, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
>
> >  it's primarily the *mechanism* I am interested in. In particular, I
> > am interested in its ability for easy inspection
>
> I'm also totally open to token/table mechanisms that give good results!

I have probably spent years of my professional life analyzing data on the
wire so I sympathise with the desire to inspect data easily, but I don't
accept this as a constraint on the solution, only a tiebreaker. There
are enough ways for tools to solve the problem and infact I see a lot of
value in having motivation for the creation of more tools to support
data inspection.