Re: FYI... Binary Optimized Header Encoding for SPDY

On 2012/08/03 2:48, James M Snell wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp<phk@phk.freebsd.dk>wrote:

>> For instance, could we get rid of the %-encoding of URIs by allowing UTF8 ?
>
> It would be possible, for instance, to begin using IRI's directly without
> translating those to URI's first.

Great idea. Please note that that will also save a few bytes (but that's
definitely not the main reason for doing it).

> Doing so, however, does not eliminate the
> need for %-encoding,

Yes, a '#' or '?' in a path segment and similar stuff still have to be
%-encoded.

> and there are a range of possible issues that could
> make this problematic.

Could you list up the issues you're thinking about? (I don't want to say
there are none, but I can't at the moment come up with something that
wouldn't already be around currently.)

Regards,    Martin.