Re: HTTP 2.0 and a Faster, more Mobile-friendly web

From: patrick mcmanus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 08:09:57 -0700
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 7/30/2012 12:02 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> It is not clear to me exactly what these major implementers mean when
> they say "TLS is mandatory"
>
> Do they mean "TLS MUST be supported" or "TLS MUST be used" ?

I mean that HTTP/2 must be secure against (at least) passive
eavesdropping attacks at all times. TLS is the bird-in-hand for that
right now, but it does not exclude other solutions. Other properties of
TLS are desirable too, but they don't necessarily rise to the level of
mandatory to implement for me.