Re: p7: rename b64token (to token68) to avoid misunderstandings

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 22:00:22 +0200
To: Yutaka OIWA <y.oiwa@aist.go.jp>
CC: "Manger, James H" <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2012-07-18 21:49, Yutaka OIWA wrote:
> +1, very good direction.
>
> Additional comment:
> Its use in -p7 is only for legacy direct tokens for challenge and credentials.
> If there is a good-sounding name suggesting its legaciness or its specific
> use case, it seems better for me than name based on 68 possible characters.
>
> # I imagined "legacy-raw-auth-token", but it's not sounding good :-(

Point taken, but in the end what's important is the prose, and that
already says:

"The "token68" notation was introduced for compatibility with existing
authentication schemes and can only be used once per
challenge/credentials. New schemes thus ought to use the "auth-param"
syntax instead, because otherwise future extensions will be impossible."

(and yes, the OAuth bearer spec ignores that advice)

Best regards, Julian