Re: p7: rename b64token (to token68) to avoid misunderstandings

From: Yutaka OIWA <y.oiwa@aist.go.jp>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 05:04:57 +0900
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Manger, James H" <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Dear Julian,

Yes, I know the existence of that important text.
So, I am enough satisfied even with the current name, too.

Thank you.

2012/7/19 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>:
> Point taken, but in the end what's important is the prose, and that already
> says:
> "The "token68" notation was introduced for compatibility with existing
> authentication schemes and can only be used once per challenge/credentials.
> New schemes thus ought to use the "auth-param" syntax instead, because
> otherwise future extensions will be impossible."
> (and yes, the OAuth bearer spec ignores that advice)

Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.              Leader, Software Reliability Research Group
                             Research Institute for Secure Systems (RISEC)
   National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
                     Mail addresses: <y.oiwa@aist.go.jp>, <yutaka@oiwa.jp>