Re: [ietf-http-wg] <none>

From: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:25:48 +0200
To: "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: "Nicolas Mailhot" <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>, "Patrick McManus" <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>, "Mike Belshe" <mike@belshe.com>, "Willy Tarreau" <w@1wt.eu>, "Phillip Hallam-Baker" <hallam@gmail.com>, "Paul Hoffman" <paul.hoffman@gmail.com>, grahame@healthintersections.com.au, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Le Mer 18 juillet 2012 17:06, Tim Bray a écrit :

> Clearly, for people who are in the intermediaries business, users are
> not their customers

This is false. I'm operating an intermediary and I have more
accountability wrt my users than most of the web sites they visit.

> and their priorities may not be well-aligned with
> those of the users.  This is not surprising and not unreasonable.

This is blatant misinformation and propaganda.

> But
> I do object to claims that a pro-intermediary position is actually
> pro-user, that people really don’t want/need privacy.

Things are not black and white like everywhere else and my users expect me
to perform services for them I could not do if theirs communications were
100% opaque to me.

> I’m glad that at least some voices here are pro-user.

They claim to be pro users. That does not mean they are.

--
Nicolas Mailhot