Re[8]: HTTP2 Expression of Interest

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:09:28 +0000
To: "Mike Belshe" <mike@belshe.com>, "Willy Tarreau" <w@1wt.eu>
Cc: "Phillip Hallam-Baker" <hallam@gmail.com>, "Rajeev Bector" <rbector@yahoo-inc.com>, "Martin Thomson" <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, "Doug Beaver" <doug@fb.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mike Belshe" mike@belshe.com
>On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

  And when a number of webmail accounts were recently suspected of
  having been
  broken after a CA cert break-in, there was no way for the poor user
  to suspect
  that his "https://" in front of the URL suddenly was not enough
  anymore to
  protect his privacy.
 Again, you're arguing that because there was a security breach once,
 we should take all the locks off the doors.  This is silly!

that would be silly, but no-one is arguing that.

We're arguing against being compelled to put a lock on every door...
even internal doors.

We're arguing against having our freedom removed to choose which doors
to put our lock on.