Re: Minimizing/avoiding User-Agent, was: SPDY Header Frames

From: Roland Zink <roland@zinks.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:15:56 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
WAP did stick with the user-agent header. WAP has an extension named
user agent profile sending a device profile URL in a header. This allows
vendors to place an XML description of the clients capabilities on the
Internet, see
http://www.openmobilealliance.org/Technical/release_program/uap_v2_0.aspx.
The client is able to add/overwrite properties using the
x-wap-profile-diff header.

Regards,
Roland