Re: Re[2]: HTTP2 Expression of Interest : Squid

Bundling has combinatorial explosion problems. It is basically an alternate
server push mechanism.

If we say that we're supposed to look inside the envelope of the bundle,
you end up doing the same as the resource-defined server push that is
implemented in spdy, but you must know about all possible resources that
the dynamic page will generate at the time you create the bundle. This is
basically impossible. You must still advertise which resources will be sent
in the bundle before the user-agent interprets the section of the main
resource which refers to it, else suffer races where the user-agent has
requested an object which is being pushed but has not yet arrived at the
user-agent.

If we don't look in the envelope,  security becomes more difficult. It
becomes costly to do filtering or caching.

Because everything is in one resource, you may not be able to reject
resources as you can with individually identified pushed resources.

-=R