Re: Response to HTTP2 expresions of interest

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:55:01 +0000
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
cc: "HAYASHI, Tatsuya" <lef.mutualauth@gmail.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Brian Pane <brianp@brianp.net>
In message <5000A5DA.8090006@cs.tcd.ie>, Stephen Farrell writes:

>So that's just not easily solved.

Absolutely not.

But I don't the pretending that it isn't an issue works out too
well either, as evidenced by the current cleanup of unwisely issued
certificates.

>Though I guess not for the "corporate censor"
>part. I dunno what can be done about that.

Allowing you to send "GET https://...." to a proxy will go a long
way for quite a lot of these cases.

>Anyway, interesting challenges ahead all right!

Indeed, but only if the WG decides to actually do something about them.