Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-01.txt

Since MNot has put this on the agenda, I thought I should revise one more
time.  There’s one big change and a bunch of little ones.

Big: I went and talked to some subject-matter experts at Google who are
paid to think about this sort of policy stuff, and some others who might
have to implement it.  I got strong advice that the draft should not talk
about “legal restrictions” because this might carry an implication that the
party emitting the 451 acknowledges that this is in fact a “restriction”.
 In fact, many parties get legal demands that they think might well be
bogus but choose not to go to court for reasons of policy or cost; so
they’d like to avoid implying that they acknowledge a “restriction”.  I was
advised that it was perfectly OK to report that legal “demands” had been
made, and eventually became convinced that this was more accurate. The
Republican Guards call up and demand that you take down some links, and you
think they might be full of crap, but they’re the Guards, so you can
accurately report that the *demand* was made.

So most of the changes are a slight re-spin to talk about demands or
obstacles rather than restrictions.

Smaller:
- Typos fixed
- Changed to People’s Front of Judea for better Pythonicity
- Changed reference to Roman law in response to expert advice.