FYI: p6 re-org

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:42:11 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I'm looking at doing a minor re-org of the caching section to make it easier to navigate. The new ToC is shaping up to be:

	 1.   Introduction
		 1.1   Purpose
		 1.2   Terminology
		 1.3   Conformance and Error Handling
		 1.4   Syntax Notation
			 1.4.1   Core Rules
			 1.4.2   ABNF Rules defined in other Parts of the Specification
			 1.4.3   Delta Seconds
	 2.   Overview of Cache Operation
	 3.   Storing Responses in Caches
		 3.1   Storing Incomplete Responses
		 3.2   Storing Responses to Authenticated Requests
	 4.   Constructing Responses from Caches
		 4.1   Freshness Model
			 4.1.1   Calculating Freshness Lifetime
			 4.1.2   Calculating Heuristic Freshness
			 4.1.3   Calculating Age
			 4.1.4   Serving Stale Responses
		 4.2   Validation Model
			 4.2.1   Freshening Responses with 304 Not Modified
		 4.3   Using Negotiated Responses
		 4.4   Combining Partial Content
	 5.   Updating Caches with HEAD Responses
	 6.   Request Methods that Invalidate
	 7.   Header Field Definitions
[...]

So far, the only things I've changed have been ordering of the sections and some of the section titles. I'm also going to do some minor textual adjustments and add a bit of introductory text in section 2, but I'll do those separately.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/