Re: [httpbis] #364: Capturing more information in the method registry

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 05:37:37 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
My .02 -

I think we should list safety and idempotency, at the most.

Including other information is too simplistic; e.g., cacheability depends on a LOT more than the method, capturing how the method affects cacheability in a table is problematic (see: POST).

I'd also be OK with removing all such information, because people really need to read the WHOLE method definition.

Cheers,

Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/