HTTP 2.0/flag day

From: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:13:22 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
I'm seeing a bunch of messages that seem to be based on the assumption
that after the creation of an HTTP 2.0 that all HTTP 1.x would
disappear in the transition to HTTP 2.0.  I am not anticipating a flag
day here, and I would guess that HTTP 1.1 would still be around for
any use cases that do not need features of any 2.0 proposal.  Does
that make sense to others, or do we have a design constraint that all
use cases currently met by HTTP 1.X must also be met (with the same
security and performance properties) by 2.0?

regards,

Ted Hardie