From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:29:10 +0000
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: IETF-Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On 02/25/2012 06:23 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-02-25 18:44, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>> I don't think fixing or changing the framework will give us better
>> auth schemes by itself. (Better auth schemes may or may not require
>> changes to the framework, I dunno.)
>>
>> So I think you're raising a side issue here really.
>
> Well, I'm one of the editors of the authentication framework spec, so if
> there's something wrong with it, I'd like to know.
>
> So if we collectively think that the framework probably is ok, and that
> we *do* need a new authentication scheme, what's stopping us to start
> that activity *right now*?

I believe I answered just that question from you earlier today.
So you must be looking for someone else's answer I guess. Or
perhaps I'm confused.