From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:23:24 +0100
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
CC: IETF-Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 2012-02-25 18:44, Stephen Farrell wrote:
> I don't think fixing or changing the framework will give us better
> auth schemes by itself. (Better auth schemes may or may not require
> changes to the framework, I dunno.)
>
> So I think you're raising a side issue here really.

Well, I'm one of the editors of the authentication framework spec, so if
there's something wrong with it, I'd like to know.

So if we collectively think that the framework probably is ok, and that
we *do* need a new authentication scheme, what's stopping us to start
that activity *right now*?

Best regards, Julian