Re: Whitespace before responses

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 08:55:10 -0500
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Cc: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
I definitely see whitespaces before responses now and again and tolerate
them as best as I can. Messing with that in a bis standardization update
seems to be an over reach. I find it hard to believe a document change
would change any deployed behavior (as it introduces breakage without
upside in a legacy protocol) - so the spec would just be less accurate
which is pretty much the opposite of the bis charter goal.

this embarrassing nit is, however, a good example of why http/2 needs to
be binary framed. Too much energy is expended on the commodity activity
of parsing headers the current way.