Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:19:26 -0500
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Cc: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 14:43 +1300, Adrien de Croy wrote:
> actually this raises the issue of aborting transfers.

this is one of my favorite SPDY features.. the abort semantics:

1] allow a transaction to be aborted without impacting the connection
2] allow either end to do so. Clients often want to cancel transactions
because of things like changing pages before the last load was complete.
The client no longer has to guess if it would be faster to open a new
connection or wait for the current transaction to finish downloading.
3] include an option for a REFUSED_STREAM semantic that can be used to
indicate a safe-retry is possible. (e.g. database down - we didn't
process anything).

It really is a good starting point.