Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

+1... would love to see that work move forward within this group. I do
have concerns about keeping the scope focused, however. Even tho the
door would be opened to the possibility of new features being
introduced, there is obvious danger in opening those doors too wide. I
strongly feel that things such as the introduction of new request
methods and new header fields, unless there is clear and irrefutable
evidence of their general utility within the core of the spec, should
continue to be pursued as they are today -- within separate I-D's as
extensions to the core protocol. The charter should make it absolutely
clear that the goal is an incremental evolution of HTTP/1.1 rather
than an opportunity for radical changes.