Re: #307 (untangle Cache-Control ABNF)

On 2012-06-15 01:40, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I *think* the only point of disagreement here is whether this (i.e., how to parse "non-core" cc directives) is advisory ("ought to...") or a conformance requirement ("MUST...").
>
> I can't find anywhere else in our specs where we place conformance requirements on being able to parse multiple paths in the ABNF. Can you?

(I'm not totally sure what you mean by "multiple paths" here, but I'll
assume we're still talking about the quoted-string/token choice).

I would argue it's implicit in how the ABNF defined.

When the ABNF indicates that an extension parameter or directive uses

   quoted-string / token

then, yes, this means recipients MUST support both.

Best regards, Julian