Re: Reminder: Call for Proposals - HTTP/2.0 and HTTP Authentication

Great to see this work getting underway. I don't have any particular
firm proposals from a fundamental HTTP/2.0 messaging and semantics
level, but I do have a few items on my wishlist from an HTTP-based API
developers point of view that I would like to see addressed in 2.0..

Requirements to Consider for HTTP/2.0 from an API Developers Point of View

1. It needs to remain as simple as possible. Right now, when showing
someone how to utilize an API, I can simply type:

  POST /a/uri HTTP/1.1
  Host: example.org

  Hello World

  And give them all the information they need. Whatever the actual
transport ends up being, at some level we have to make sure we don't
lose this kind of "View Source" visibility.

2. Allow the Request-URI to be a Request-IRI so no conversion is
necessary. E.g. it should be possible to do this at the request level
and have it just work...

  POST /a/üri HTTP/2.0
  Host: éxample.org

  For that matter, can we allow extended characters in all the headers
and use UTF-8 as the default encoding.

3. Use ISO-8601/RFC3339 Timestamps for more precise date/time handling