Re: Some proxy needs

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:
> I'll attempt a quick summary of what's been written on the list those past weeks
>
> A proxy needs:
>
> 5. a way for distribution sites to signal a resource is duplicated on a CDN,
> and what the root resource is (systems like sourceforge are killing caching,
> every new request is redirected to a different distribution server)

some distribution sites already use metalink (HTTP=RFC 6249, XML=RFC
5854) for showing where resources are duplicated.

as mentioned privately, unfortunately RFC 6249 is silent on how a
proxy is supposed to behave when encountering metalinks. any
suggestions on how this should work would be helpful.

we hope to have a student working on the proxy side of things for
Google summer of code this year. :)
--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads