Re: multiplexing -- don't do it

From: Adrien W. de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:48:08 +0000
To: "Roberto Peon" <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: "Mike Belshe" <mike@belshe.com>, "Amos Jeffries" <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Roberto Peon" grmocg@gmail.com
> Maybe we need a better way to force a client to use a proxy, and take
> the pain out of it for administration.  And do it securely (just
> remembering why 305 was deprecated).
 like normal proxy configuration?
you ever worked on an ISP support desk?

These are people who can hardly use a mouse you're trying to get them
to set up proxy config in their browser?
>Assuming proxies were not explicit, what do you propose the users do
>the ISP begins filtering and censoring content for reasons of greed?
More likely due to statutory requirements.  You guys may think you
dodged a bullet with SOPA... other countries you wouldn't expect have
already passed laws requiring censorship by ISPs
It's not an issue that's going away either.