Re: Negotiated private cache storage allocation

I think my terminology is wrong then in that case because that is
basically the model I am looking for. By negotiation, I'd simply meant
the process of a server requesting a cache storage allocation from the
UA.

I'm personally less keen on the heuristic idea from a standard
protocol perspective. I do think it's a good idea though, and
definitely something UAs could develop and optimise as part of their
on-going performance arms-race :)

Really, I would just like a standard way to use an HTTP response to
challenge the UA, which can then ask its user to grant or reject a
cache storage quota.

Cheers,
Mike