Re: best status code for bad auth method

my gut tells me responding with a 407 is more likely to result in
request looping.

403 shuts it down (or should).

browser behaviour when you send a 407 back when a client considers auth
should be complete, results in the browser popping a login dialog.

But since there are few browsers, and I'm pretty sure they all honour
the advertised methods, we won't see this - just headless agents.

Maybe we need a new status code...