Re: Possible issue: Accept-language priority based on language order

Trimming to one specific point:

On 11/27/2011 10:01 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

>> The Apache 2.2 documentation:
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/content-negotiation.html
>> says "Select the variants with the best language match, using either the
>> order of languages in the Accept-Language header (if present), or else
>> the order of languages in the LanguagePriority directive (if present)."
>>
>> (this step is applied only if two or more variants have the same
>> preference)
>>
>> So it seems that Apache 1.3 did not document the RFC 3282 behaviour, but
>> Apache 2.2 documents that it behaves according to RFC 3282.
>
> No. What it says is "or else the order of languages in the
> LanguagePriority directive (if present)." - that's the order in the
> httpd config entry, not the header field.
I don't see how you can read the text that way. It says

EITHER the order of languages in the Accept-Language header (if present)
OR ELSE the order of languages in the LanguagePriority directive (if
present)

So if the Accept-Language header is present, the order of languages in
the LanguagePriority is NOT consulted.

That's how I read it. But the code rules.

                  Harald