Re: Possible issue: Accept-language priority based on language order

On 2011-11-23 23:29, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> I've been keeping an eye on this since implementing language negotiation
> in Squid.
>
> It appears that nearly all agents are sending the language codes sorted
> by q value anyway. Whether they send the q value or not it is still
> possible to optimize by using the left-most wins assumption.
>
> If anyone is interested in doing a deeper analysis I have a dataset
> available covering the last year on several networks linking the
> Accept-Language and User-Agent header pair.

Analysis would be good.

I'm skeptical because we're not really allowed to make changes breaking
previously compliant implementations without *very* good reasons.

I'm also not too enthusiastic having to consider whether this would be
*specific* to Accept-Language, or apply to all Accept headers.

Best regards, Julian