Re: Unicode in HTTP headers (was Re: json-string for HTTP header field parameter values)

Hey Sam, I read some of your threads if you want to make the programmer
work easier just write a helper library call that acts like what you want
but (for example) base64 encodes the header field values.

It doesn't make objectively deciphering the protocol easier for test and
support, hehe, but it is plainly easy for the client and server
programming, just about as easy as was using the arbitrary unicode literals
intact functionally for the field-values without those 7 or 8-bit-dirty
side effects.

One might have to get a little bit more elaborate system for the field names

Seems to satisfy your requirement though, in a kind of standard way.

samshttpclient.request('GET', '/', headers={'Attribute':
'address="Hochbrückenstraße, 18, München"'})

..8<.. meanwhile, on the wire..

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: johnston
Attribute: YWRkcmVzcz0iSG9jaGJyw7xja2Vuc3RyYcOfZSwgMTgsIE3DvG5jaGVuIg==

..>8..

Then somewhere at the data center..

samserverequest.headers['attribute']
=> address="Hochbrückenstraße, 18, München"

Regards,

Dale