Re: Additional HTTP Status Codes - draft-nottingham-http-new-status-02

I don't think that would be workable; 407 is specifically for proxies -- i.e., intermediaries interposed with the involvement of the client, not intercepting proxies. I have a suspicion that there will be clients whose code paths for 407 will behave badly if they're not expecting it on the wire.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/