Re: Additional HTTP Status Codes - draft-nottingham-http-new-status-02

+1 on this... but... I'm wondering if the spec should take some care
to differentiate the "511 Network Authentication Required" and "407
Proxy Authentication Required" response codes. Strictly off the
language in the spec, the two responses are virtually identical, with
the only exception that the 511 Response does not require the use of
the Proxy-Authenticate header. It would seem to me that a 407 with a
Proxy-Authenticate using a hypothetical "form" auth scheme and a
Location header could be applied to the same purpose without requiring
the introduction of a new response code... e.g.

HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Location: http://foo.example.com/proxy_login
Proxy-Authenticate: form

Just a thought...

- James